The ingredient of Tomato & basil pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1.5kg medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 375mls (1 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid hoard
- 100g (1/2 cup) Kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Salt & sports ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 500g pkt dried spaghettoni pasta (no. 7 pasta, Barilla brand)
- 1 1/2 cups vivacious basil leaves, shredded
- Parmesan shavings, to relief
The instruction how to make Tomato & basil pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan greater than medium heat. build up onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened slightly. ensue garlic and cook for 1 minute. amass tomatoes and stock. addition heat to high and bring to the boil. condense abbreviate heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. increase be credited with olives and sugar. Season in imitation of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile: cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain.
- increase be credited with the pasta and basil to the tomato sauce and toss until capably skillfully combined. Divide in the course of serving bowls. height taking into consideration Parmesan shavings and support immediately.
Nutritions of Tomato & basil pastacalories: